‘Cauvery Calling’ is a movement to revitalize the southern Indian river Cauvery, which has faced severe depletion of over 40% in the past decades. In this game-changing initiative, we intend to facilitate the planting of 242 crore trees in the river’s basin by reaching out to more than 50 lakh farmers to make a shift from crop cultivation to perennial Agro-forestry.
Articles in this section
- When will the planting of trees begin?
- Who is managing this project?
- What types of trees will be planted on the river banks of Cauvery?
- Who will be planting the trees?
- Does Isha Foundation have plans to revive other rivers?
- What is the Cauvery Calling project about?
- What are the key benefits of this project?
- What is the science behind this?
- How is the Rupees 42 Per Tree Going to Be Spent
- What is the Rs 42/sapling contribution for?