The project kicked off in July 2019, with public awareness vehicles setting off to reach out to thousands of villages in 28 districts in the Cauvery Basin across Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, encouraging farmers to shift in part to perennial Agro-forestry to revitalize Cauvery. In September 2019, Sadhguru will ride from Cauvery’s source at Talakaveri to the ocean at Thiruvarur, raising awareness and interacting with farmers. A combination of direct on-ground events, mass media and social media campaigns will be run. The Agroforestry drive will continue over 12 years.
Articles in this section
- When will the planting of trees begin?
- Who is managing this project?
- What types of trees will be planted on the river banks of Cauvery?
- Who will be planting the trees?
- Does Isha Foundation have plans to revive other rivers?
- What is the Cauvery Calling project about?
- What are the key benefits of this project?
- What is the science behind this?
- How is the Rupees 42 Per Tree Going to Be Spent
- What is the Rs 42/sapling contribution for?