The contribution of Rs 42 per sapling will be used to fund sapling development, farmer engagement, and the underlying project development. The project affiliated nurseries will develop high quality saplings to support the farmers. Among the many other activities, the project will undertake to build resources to develop and disseminate the science and technology of Agroforestry, create awareness about its benefits among farmers in the Cauvery Basin, assist the farming community to make the shift, engage with government agencies to bring about needed policy redirection and ensure the sustained momentum of the endeavour.
Articles in this section
- When will the planting of trees begin?
- Who is managing this project?
- What types of trees will be planted on the river banks of Cauvery?
- Who will be planting the trees?
- Does Isha Foundation have plans to revive other rivers?
- What is the Cauvery Calling project about?
- What are the key benefits of this project?
- What is the science behind this?
- How is the Rupees 42 Per Tree Going to Be Spent
- What is the Rs 42/sapling contribution for?